Each childbirth experience is uniquely memorable. Our William J. Hickey Women’s Health Services is dedicated to providing exceptional care, comfort, and support as you welcome the newest addition to your family.
Services and amenities include:
- Comfortable, private birthing suites, with overnight
accommodations for a support person.
- State-of-the-art surgical suites for cesarean (C-section) births.
- Patient-centered, gentle C-section deliveries, including clear drapes that allow moms to see their baby's first movement.
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC).
- Aromatherapy to help ease stress during labor.
- A variety of pain management options, including inhaled nitrous oxide (laughing gas).
- In-house 24/7 coverage by certified nurse midwives and neonatal hospitalists.
- Mother and baby care that supports rooming in, encouraging mother and baby to stay together and get to know each other.
- Breastfeeding assistance from RN lactation consultants and a board-certified lactation counselor.
- Family-centered education programs, including childbirth preparation, prenatal yoga, breastfeeding, and infant care.
- Home health support for patients who are discharged early.
- Breastfeeding support group.
- Follow-up care and other services to help keep your family healthy.
Get the latest information on our visiting hours and restrictions.
The birth of a baby is a joyous occasion for a family and our community. To celebrate and share the news with our staff, patients, and visitors, we announce each birth by sounding a subtle chime over our public address system.
*The chime being used is licensed under Creative Commons.
COVID-19: Mother/Baby Unit Visitation Restrictions
To reduce the number of people in the hospital and the possibility of spreading coronavirus to our patients and staff, no visitors are allowed in the building, with limited number of exceptions. Appropriate screening will be conducted.
- Emergency Department
- Compassionate exceptions made on a case-by-case basis
- Mental Health Unit
- Limited to one support person, managed at each of the units’ entrances by staff.
- Mother-Baby Unit
- Limited to father of the baby, partner, or designated support person.
- Pre and post-procedural areas
- Compassionate exceptions made on a case-by-case basis and arranged during a patient’s pre-procedure phone call
- Radiation Oncology Center
- Limited to one support person at the time of initial consultation.
To read our entire visitation policy, learn simple preventative measures and view helpful links, please visit Saratoga Hospital's COVID-19 page.