Each childbirth experience is uniquely memorable. Our William J. Hickey Women’s Health Services (Mother/Baby Unit) is dedicated to providing exceptional care, comfort, and support as you welcome the newest addition to your family.
Get the latest information on our visiting hours and restrictions.
Services and amenities include:
- Comfortable, private birthing suites, with overnight
accommodations for a support person.
- State-of-the-art surgical suites for cesarean (C-section) births.
- Patient-centered, gentle C-section deliveries, including clear drapes that allow moms to see their baby's first movement.
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC).
- Aromatherapy to help ease stress during labor.
- A variety of pain management options, including inhaled nitrous oxide (laughing gas).
- In-house 24/7 coverage by certified nurse midwives and neonatal hospitalists.
- Mother and baby care that supports rooming in, encouraging mother and baby to stay together and get to know each other.
- Breastfeeding assistance from RN lactation consultants and a board-certified lactation counselor.
- Family-centered education programs, including childbirth preparation, prenatal yoga, breastfeeding, and infant care.
- Home health support for patients who are discharged early.
- Breastfeeding support group.
- Follow-up care and other services to help keep your family healthy.
The birth of a baby is a joyous occasion for a family and our community. To celebrate and share the news with our staff, patients, and visitors, we announce each birth by sounding a subtle chime over our public address system.
*The chime being used is licensed under Creative Commons.